Wednesday 19 February 2014

ATCAS#34

Hi, everyone.

Second post for today and this time it's for the challenge at the ATCAS Blog.  The codeword for the challenge is 'Coffee' and I first I thought I would have to skip this challenge 'cause I don't have any stamps or dies that has anything to do with coffee.

 

Well, I came up with a plan to be able to take part in the fun of making a 'coffee-card'!!

Here's my card:




I took a piece of white cardstock and made my own coffee stained paper to use!
I adhered some drywall tape to a piece of white cardstock and painted it with some water.  I then sprinkled some coffee grannuals onto the wet surface and dried it with my heatgun.  I removed the drywall tape and I had a lovely piece of coffee stained paper to use for my card!
I've cut a 'Leaf-filled Flourish', from MFT, from my stained paper and from a piece of black cardstock.  Adhered both die-cuts onto my card front and stamped a sentiment from the 'Lean on Me' stamp set by Verve,  onto the card.  (for my sentiment I was thinking coffee and friends go together!!!)
Finished it all off with some black rhinestones. 

I have made another card with the negative of the die cut to show you what the piece of stained cardstock looked like.



This card has a lovely smell!!!  LOL!!

Think I need a cuppa now!!!

Have a super day!!
Kind regards
Petra

8 comments:

chilli pip said...

Thats a first Petra ...a nice smelling card, but it looks beautiful . The first one is my favourite of the two

shirley-bee said...

Both cards are fab. Clever way to join the challenge :)

Hannelie said...

Praat van kreatief... kyk nou net hier!
En boonop mooi om na te kyk... en lekker om aan te ruik... koffie ruik in elk geval lekkerder as wat dit proe!

Anita in France said...

There should be scratch n sniff facility here, Petra ... what a brilliant idea ... coffee cards! Love what you did with the drywall tape ... such lovely cards! Anita :)

Deepti said...

Wow this is so pretty :) love the simplicity, So glad you joined the fun at ATCAS!!

Loll said...

Hi Petra. What a fantastic technique!! I LOVE your coffee stained paper. Both cards are gorgeous ... and so creative. Can just imagine how wonderful the card smells :) Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Kylie said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that you thought outside the box, Petra! What a wonderful use of coffee! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Petra. Great inspirations for making your own paper. Just read Karen's story and had to pop by. Fab card, love it! Have a lovely day! Monika