Saturday 10 May 2014

Gift cards

Hi everyone!

Phew, I can't believe that nearly a whole month has passed since I did my last post!!!  I thought it was 2 or 3 weeks!!  Time really DOES fly hey!!!  I want to thank all of you who popped in to ask if I'm OK.  I am all well and going strong, just busy with so many things, I could not find the time to make cards.  During the coming week I'll take pics of some of the projects I've been busy with and share them with you.  At least this time I did not fall behind so badly on all my blogvisits!  I tried to keep up to date and visit you all!

Ok, on to some card stuff. 
One of the ladies at my youngest son's school is retiring at the end of the month and will be leaving George to stay in Cape Town, where her children are.  I have previously made some cards for her, but she has used all of them by now.  As a good bye gift I am going to make a gift box with some cards for her again.  So the cards I'm sharing with you today are all going to be part of the gift box for her.

The first card was initially inspired by Jen Schultz's Deconstructed Sketch #150, but I got a bit carried away and ended up with this card:


 
Afrikaans sentiment saying: 'Just for You'.
 
 

 
The second card was inspired by the current sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch, but again carried away, I ended up with a card that is not really CAS!


 
Sentiment saying: 'Congratulations'.
 

 
 
Third card inspired by last week's Retrosketches sketch:


 
Sentiment saying:  'Thank you very much'.
 
 

 
Playing around with some bits and pieces of paper and ending up with this card:


 
Sentiment saying: 'Just for You'.
 
 
 
 
Playing around with a lot of elements resulting in this card:



 
Sentiment saying:  'Congratulations'.
 
 
 
 
The last two cards are both previous sketches over at the Retrosketches Blog, but I like the sketches so much I decided to use them again:


 
Sentiment saying:  'Congratulations'.
 


 
 
 
Sentiment saying:  'Just for you'.
 
 
 
All dp used by Teresa Collins and stamps by Verve and Glitz.  Dies by MFT and Verve.
 



Before I go I want to share some pics of a feathered friend who came to say hello, again.
This one is a Fiscal Shrike.





Thanks for visiting, it's always a pleasure having you here!!!!

For those of you who are also celebrating Mother's Day tomorrow, I wish you a lovely day with your loved ones!

Till next time
Petra

9 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

I dare say I missed you not posting. I too wondered that all was well with you. You always have a refreshing style of card making and that was sorely missed. Your cards are a joy to see and inspiring. The bird you share is a cutie. I am also a birder and love when someone shares pictures such as this. Welcome back.

Unknown said...

Wow Petra, talk about coming back with a BANG!!! Absolutely fabulous cards......she's going to love them...they are so lovely and fresh and clean, just brilliant. Glad to see you back blogging - such a shame when life gets in the way of art! lol

Hugs.

Karen x

ursula Uphof said...

You have been busy Petra. What a lovely gift for someone, they are all gorgeous. Thanks for your lovely comments on my creations and hope you have a lovely Mother's day. Hugs, Ursula

Anonymous said...

Gosh Petra, you certainly have been making up for lost time! All beautiful cards, your friend is going to love them!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well am I glad you finally posted!! All those lovely comments you have left me and I couldn't reciprocate!

Awesome eye candy -- I love your CAL style [clean & layered] and of course, I love those outside photos~
It was a pleasure popping by~

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Petra! What a fantastic collection of cards! The bird is so sweet :)

stampingbowd said...

Wow! What a gorgeous set of cards! They are all so beautiful! I love your wonderful way with layers! Your little visitor is gorgeous too!

Hannelie said...

Aarde Petra dis n prag versamemeling!
Ek sal nie kan kies nie! So verskriklik mooi!
Baie bly jy het tyd gehad vir kaartjies maak ;)

Anita in France said...

Great to see you back, Petra ... and with such a fabulous selection of cards ... what awesome layering and detailing! The retiring teacher who is to get these is going to be so delighted! Anita :)