Monday 6 October 2014

Mojo Monday #366


Hi everyone!!



Very hot, but very windy Monday we're having here in George, but it's a happy Monday for me as the kids are at home for the spring school break.  I love it when the kids are at home, we are always having lots of fun during the holidays.


But Monday means a new sketch from Julee on the Mojo Monday Blog.
This is the sketch she has for us this week:



 
 
and this is the card I have made following the sketch:






Dp I've used are from the 'Summer Stories' range by Teresa Collins.
The rose and leaves stamps and dies are from PTI.
Added some rhinestones to complete it.
Afrikaans sentiment saying: 'Congratulations'.


I've got a Barbie birthday cake I have to make for a friend, so I'm off to the kitchen to start baking - first time I am going to be working with plastic icing!!!  Hope the cake turns out the way I am seeing it in my mind!!!

Till next time!!

Keep well!!
Kind regards
Petra

12 comments:

Lyn said...

A beautiful card <3

Stampingcountry said...

So soft and pretty!

Hannelie said...

Petra, dis ongelooflik mooi! Daai roos is fantasties en die sagte warm kleur palet is perfek!
(NS Ek soek 'n foto van daai koek)

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card, petra... love your take on the sketch!

Unknown said...

Beautiful creation Petra. Love the soft colours.

Hugs.

Karen xxx

MaryH said...

Very pretty. Loving the soft colors and the way you've arranged the elements. That rose is gorgeous! You manage to combine the graphic images with the pretty elements & the bold shapes into such a beautiful cohesion that makes a gorgeous card. Enjoy the kids. TFS & Hugs

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful use of the sketch!!

I sure hope you post the Barbie cake here on your blog! I [and others I'm sure] would LOVE to see it!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty! Love the gorgeous rose and the soft shades. I have to tell you (even thought there's no banner on this card), I am getting a banner die just because of your cards. You inspired my girl! :) Thank you!

Becca Cruger said...

Wow! This card is so incredibly soft and lovely. The bling you've added to it just makes it pop! Thanks for sharing!

Geri said...

If your baking is as yummy as your cards, then your friend is going to be over-the-moon thrilled with a homemade cake!!!

Another beautiful creation! I adore how you have cascaded the sequins down the card. Gorgeous, subtle colors that create a beautiful and elegant scene :)

We've had our first bit of snow! Thankfully, it melted. Sadly, we know that our mild fall temps are quickly coming to an end.

stampingbowd said...

This is so pretty! i love how you used the banner paper! Pretty rose and I love the gems! This is gorgeous! How did the cake turn out? I used to make a barbie birthday cake for my girl!

Anita in France said...

So beautifully soft and feminine, Petra ... gorgeous, serene colours and a wonderful scattering of shimmery bling! Do we get to see photo's of the cake? Hope so! Happy weekend! Anita :)