Wednesday 23 July 2014

RS#124




Hi there!




Joining in the fun this time over at the Retrosketches Blog
Sketch #124 looks like this:


 
 
 
and I have made this card following the sketch (and adding one or two extras!!!!)







DP by Teresa Collins.  Borderpunch by Upikit.  Leaf stamp and die from Verve and 'Botanical Beauty' die by MFT. 
Sentiment heat embossed in white on the vellum.  Afrikaans sentiment saying:'Congratulations'.
Done some sewing, added a twine bow and rhinestones and it was done.



I'm busy making cards for charity and I need to make a lot of masculine cards.  I want to share this one with you that was also inspired by the above retrosketch#124 (and I have added even more extras!!).  I love to play with sketches and add lots of extras!!  And yes, sometimes I do add a small flower to a masculine card - I love doing that!!!



 
 
The dp are by KaiserCraft and Simple Stories and the flower stamp and die from Verve.  Pennant trim cie also from Verve.
Afrikaans sentiment saying: 'Congratulations'.
Looking at the card now, I can see that I should have had less of the flower showing - will have a look if I can maybe take it off and move more of it underneath the circle with the sentiment - think it will look much better!!! (hopefully I won't ruin the card totally!!!!)
 
 
 
Ok, I'm off - suppertime here - tuna lasagne and a green salad on the menu!!
 
Thanks for popping in!!
 
Keep well!!
Kind regards.
Petra

7 comments:

chilli pip said...

Hi Petra , not sure what I like the most your card or the sound of your supper . I have never had tuna lasagne .
Jokes I think this card is great not sure why you want to change the position of the flower as I think it looks good where it is.

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous duo of cards Petra! Love the beautifully embossed flower and the vellum layers!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous 2 cards -- I really like the pop of the 2nd card!

ericarose said...

Wow! Both of your cards are stunning!! Thanks for joining us over at Retrosketches and we hope to see you again soon!!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Pragtige uitleg en "layering" Petra. Ek hou van die glinstersteentjies.
Amelia

stampingbowd said...

Fabulous!!!! I LOVE seeing all the extras you place on your cards!!! They are both so much fun! I love the banner on the masculine card and the border on the first card!

Anita in France said...

You really do have such a talent for beautiful layering, Petra ... these are just lovely, every little detail is perfectly placed! Anita :)