Sunday 1 February 2015

Another CTS#108 and AAA#32



Hi again, everyone!!!


Sharing two cards I've made for two challenges.
First is another card I've made for the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge.

The sketch:


 
 

 and my second take on it:


 
 
I've used the same idea of the washi tape strips on white cs and then sponging with DI.  I added some paint splatters this time.
Flower stamp and die from Verve.  Flourish die from MFT.
Sentiment die cut with an alphabet die from Tim Holtz.
The wonky rectangle die is a Spellbinders nestie.
In an attempt to keep it as CAS as possible, I did not use any foam tape.
 
 
Like some of my other CTS cards in the past, I don't think this one will really go through as CAS, but I have so much fun playing with the CTS sketches, I hope the DT will be OK with it if I link a card that is hopefully nearly CAS!!!!  ...you see I get carried away a bit with the lovely sketches and my cards are most probably disqualified most of the time!!!   Layering..., yes, that's my game, but I love trying my hand at CAS cards, too!!!
 
 
 
Next up:
The ladies at the AAAcards Blog have a love game running till 14 Feb.
 
 
 
 
I made this card:


 
 
 
 
 
Can you believe that I can actually do a one layer card!!!!  I did it (LOL!!!)  ...that's if the one plastic dot doesn't count as another layer!!!
This is super CAS and there's not much to say about it.
All stamps from Verve.
That's it!!!  
 
 
OK, I'll love you and leave you with that and I'll probably be back tomorrow with my Mojo Monday card!!!!  Thanks for popping in!!!
 
 
Have lots of fun being creative!!! 
 
Keep well!!!
Kind regards
Petra
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

21 comments:

Hannelie said...

Sjoe jy het n fantastiese produktiewe kreatiewe EN!!! suksesvolle dag gehad!
Jou one layer het skoon my asem weggeslaan!
Albei pragtige skeppings!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute cards Petra! Love the ink splattered background!

Desire Fourie said...

Te pragtig Petra. Dis altyd so n lekker verrassing om hier in te loer.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Irish Cherokee said...

My, my! What can I say but you have done it again. Love both cards.The second is truly CAS. Beautiful. - Jim

Sientje said...

Wauw! Love this card so much just a perfect CAS card.

Julia said...

Your one-layer card melts my heart! So clean and tasteful. Thanks so much for joining in with AAA this game. Love your layers, too!

Betty Wright said...

These are great, Petra! Love the stenciling/sponging look you created on the first card! The second is simplicity at its best! Great designs!

Rosemary said...

love what you did with the CTS layout this time around, Petra... so gorgeous! and your second card?? absolute CAS perfection!

Linda Beeson said...

Both cards are great but wow on the one for AAA Cards, your simplicity here is outstanding. So glad you could play along.

Marika said...

This sketch is so made for you, Petra! Another beautiful creation. I so envy you... 😃

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

That second one is simplicity at it's finest Petra! You've pulled it out of the hat once again, two sure winners in my book! Oh, and I LOVE that stripey background stamp! Hazel xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome job with the sketch, but your AAA card is amazingly CAS and you did do it - one layer! You Go Girl -- Thanks for joining in with AAA!

Anita in France said...

Another amazing background, petra ... love that you kept the flower white so the bg is the star of the show! Oh my goodness ... your one layer card ... it's singing to my CAS loving heart ... simply perfect! Anita :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, I love the sponged stripes and the speckles on the first one Petra. What a great look. The chunky letters look great too. The CAS card is amazing. It may only have one layer layer, but it's perfect. Y

Angela said...

Great group of cards, Petra! Your AAA Card is so simply yet so powerful. Thank you for sharing the LOVE at AAA Cards!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous cards!

Mynn xx said...

These are both genius, Petra!!! LOVE all the lines on the first and I adore the super CAS feel of the second! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

stampingbowd said...

CAS always seems to beg for just a bit more doesn't it! LOL I love your first card whether it qualifies for CAS or not! Super great design with the strips and splatters! Beautiful CAS on your next cad! You can do it all!!!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Altwee hierdie kaartjies is my "Favorites" Petra. Pragtige CAS styl!
Amelia

Deepti said...

Superb!! I love these

Neets B said...

Two great cards and I love the simplicity of your second card, so much yummy white space and well done on making it one layer x