Tuesday 30 April 2013

CAS(E) this sketch #25

Hi everyone, hope you're all well.

I can not believe that almost a whole month has passed since I've done my last post!  Yes, it's end of April already and tomorrow is the start of yet a new month!  Can you believe that we're into May already?  One of these days it will be time to make Christmas cards again!!

For the past 3 weeks I have been very busy with sewing and knitting and I've also done some scrapbooking.  During winter I love to spend time sitting in the sun in my lounge, knitting.  I have finished a sweater for my son and at the moment I'm busy with a gilet for myself.  I'm someone who likes to finish something that I've started with, as soon as possible, so that's why I did not spent time to make cards.  I've missed out on all the lovely challenges during the 3 weeks and I've got pages of e-mails to work through, but it's nice to be back at my computer!

Well, back to cards!!  One of the challenges that I love to take part in, is the CAS(E) this sketch challenge and I've made 2 cards following this week's sketch.  This is the sketch:


The first card I've made looks like this:



I love working with washi tape and I love the colors of this one.  I've added three fishtail banners, a ribbon bow and a die-cut daisy to my card.  I've added some stickels to the daisy and the black rhinestones to finish off my card.  The sentiment stamps are from the 'You and I' set by Verve and the daisy-die is one of the Die-namics range by MFT (Flower Trio and Leaf trio). 

My second card looks like this:


 
(don't know what I'm doing wrong, but for some reason I can not change the size of my second photo to XL. For the first one it works, but when I try to enlarge the second one it just does not want to work!!! So frustrting!!)

Here I've used the last piece of this stunning black and white ribbon I had. The flowerstamp is from the Plain Jane series by Verve (VS-09-PJ016) and the sentimentstamp is part of the 'Lean on Me' set by Verve. The leaves are cut with the Royal Leaves die from the MFT Die-namics range. I've added some siver rhinestones to the centres of the flowers.

I hope you like my cards - would love to know which one you like best!

Thanks for the visit and have a lovely day!
Petra




5 comments:

Hannelie said...

Dankie vir jou kuiertjie op my blog!
2 pragtige kaartjies... die eerste een veral het my hart gesteel!

Ardyth said...

Clever - I like how you used the middle banner without the sentiment. I would never think of something like that, but it really works! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

SeattleStamper said...

I love the banner card, so cute!

Anonymous said...

Altwee kaartjies is pragtig Petra. Die swart strepies lint is treffend saam met die rooi blomme. Die ene met die vlaggies is so retro en modern.
Amelia x

Sandie C said...

Love both cards - thanks for sharing.